Help for your move!
We’d like to help you get the services you need in Williamsburg.
- Area map (download)
- Our own map (online — shows restaurants, workplaces and other valuable information)
- Resident information guide (download)
- Neighborhood guide (city programs and activities)
- Reminders (things you want to do within your first 30 days of residency!)
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): 952 Capital Landing Road, Williamsburg and 180 Lakeview Drive, Toano
- License plates
- Driver’s licenses
- Handicapped parking placards
- Voter registration applications
Licenses, permits, & registrations
Municipal Building, 401 Lafayette Street
- Purchase a parking permit (for neighborhoods with “Parking Permit Only” signs) at the Finance Department
- License your dogs with a copy of their current vaccination at the Finance Office
- Register your child with the public school system
- Register to vote (757.220.6157)
- License your business (757.220.6150)
- Water — 757.220.6188
- Sewer — 757.220.6140
- Refuse Collection & Recycling — 757.220.6140
- Cable — Cox Cable Communications: 757.224.1111
- Satellite — DirecTV: 888.777.2454
- Electricity — Dominion Virginia Power: 866.366.4357
- Phone — Verizon residential services: 757.954.6260
- Phone — AT&T residential services: 800.222.0300
- Phone — Cavalier Telephone: 800.683.3944
- Phone — Cox Cable: 757.224.1111
- Gas — Virginia Natural Gas: 866.229.3578
- Daily Press — 757.242.4800
- Virginia Gazette — 757.220.2224
Really great stuff
Williamsburg Regional Library, 515 Scotland Street, 757.259.4040
This is one of the best libraries we’ve ever seen, plus the library has weekly afternoon movies as well as children’s events, concerts, readings, and lectures. Many programs are free of charge.
A Williamsburg driver’s license entitles you to a Good Neighbor Card from Colonial Williamsburg for $10. That means free admission to all CW exhibition buildings and museums for one year.
Your local driver’s license (proof of residence) gets you into the Jamestown Settlement and the Yorktown Victory Center for free.